On Tuesday May 28th, 2019 the CMHDS Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place at the Guildford Golf & Country Club in Surrey, BC.
During the AGM we will review the events of the year, the financial report and elect the Board of Directors for the society’s next season which runs from Sept 2019 to June 2020. If you feel you would make a good Director or know of someone who would, we would like to hear from you.
What qualifications are required?
- You have been a CMHDS Member in good standing for a minimum of 1 year.
- You have attended at least 2 events this season.
- Ability to attend most upcoming events
- Ability to attend most monthly Board Meetings (approx 1.5 hrs each).
- Willingness to contribute
Why would you want to be a CMHDS Director?
- Help the society with its mission of Industry Education
- Increase your visibility among CMHDS Members & the Logistics Industry
- Gain the experience of serving on the board of a non-profit society
- Have fun (it’s not all work)
What does a CMHDS Director do?
- Directors attend Board meetings once per month (approx 1.5 hrs each)
- Work with fellow board members to help guide society direction, initiatives & events.
- Vendor Directors (Industry Sales People, Account Managers etc) help source tours
- Practitioner Directors (Distribution Managers, Warehouse Supervisors and Staff etc.) help source breakfast meetings
- Represent the board at society events
You can nominate someone by calling the CMHDS office at 604-999-2979 or sending an email from our contact page (click here) with the following information:
- Your name, company & contact info
- The nominee’s name, company & contact info
- Why you think the person would be a good Director
Once we have received a nomination, one of the current members of the board will contact the nominator & the nominee to confirm their interest and answer any questions.
Nomination Period: Nominations will be accepted from Monday April 1st, 2019 to Friday April 26th, 2019 (nominations will not be accepted after April 26th, 2019 or at the Annual General Meeting.)
Still have questions or want to know more? Call the CMHDS office at 604-999-2979 or send an email using the form on our contact page (click here).