On June 25, 2020 the CMHDS Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be taking place via online Video Conferencing.
During the AGM we will review the events of the year, the financial report and elect the Board of Directors for the society’s next two seasons which runs from Sept 2020 to May 2022. If you feel you would make a good Director or know of someone who would, we would like to hear from you.
What qualifications are required?
- You have been a CMHDS Member in good standing for a minimum of 1 year.
- You have attended at least one event during the 2019/2020 season.
- Ability to attend most Board Meetings (previously monthly but now infrequently and via video conferencing while we deal with COVID-19)
- Willingness to contribute
Why would you want to be a CMHDS Director?
- Help the society with its mission of Industry Education
- Increase your visibility among CMHDS Members & the Logistics Industry
- Gain the experience of serving on the board of a non-profit society
- Have fun (it’s not all work)
What does a CMHDS Director do?
- Directors attend Board meetings (previously monthly but now infrequently and via video conferencing while we deal with COVID-19)
- Work with fellow board members to help guide society direction, initiatives & events.
- Vendor Directors (Industry Sales People, Account Managers etc) help source tours
- Practitioner Directors (Distribution Managers, Warehouse Supervisors and Staff etc.) help source breakfast meetings
- Represent the board at society events (suspended until further notice)
You can nominate someone by sending an email from our contact page (click here) with the following information:
- Your name, company & contact info
- The nominee’s name, company & contact info
- Why you think the person would be a good Director
Once we have received a nomination, one of the current members of the board will contact the nominator & the nominee to confirm their interest and answer any questions.
Nomination Period: Nominations will be accepted from Monday May 11th, 2020 to Friday May 29th, 2020 (nominations will not be accepted after May 29th, 2020 or at the Annual General Meeting.)