On Thursday January 27th, 2011 CMHDS Members kicked off 2011 with a tour of the Coast Paper Distribution Facility in Vancouver, BC.
Located in South Vancouver on the banks of the Fraser River, the 100,000 sq.ft. Vancouver facility is one of Coast Paper’s eight facilities in Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal). The Vancouver facility handles a Diversified Product Portfolio including Fine Paper, Graphic Arts Supplies, Wide Format, Software Support Programs and Industrial Packaging and in addition to bulk distribution, the facility also has an outlet store for smaller customers.
Originally founded in Vancouver in 1941 Coast Paper is now part of the PaperLinx group of companies headquartered in Melbourne, Australia which has 6700 employees worldwide and operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America.
Points of specific interest were:
- Current safety record of over 2000 days without a time loss accident
- 2010 President’s Club Health and Safety Award Recipient
- Environmental & Sustainability Certifications
- Over 30 million pounds of product moved each year
- Over 80,000 orders processed each year with an average of 300/day
- Over 3,000 inventoried products
- AM/PM delivery within the Lower Mainland with 8 delivery trucks
- Full Service Cutting and re pack department